• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of numbering within a numbered list?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019

Refer to attached: The Note (blue) in this list is numbered.  How do I get rid of the number?  The "Note" style has been applied. The "Note" style is not numbered, but when applied, retains the numbering from the list.

Refer to attached HTML

Numbered Note view.JPG

Numbered Note HTML.JPG

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

With the cursor in the style that shouldn't be numbered, look at the toolbar and you should see the list icon shaded. Click it and select the None option on the right.

You could also backspace so the image becomes part of the previous number and use shift enter. After the image use Enter again and numbering will restart.

It really would help us help you if you kept this problem in one thread. Right now we seem to be diving all over the place. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Thanks, Peter. When I tried this weeks ago, it did not work. I must have had things in a bad state? 

Anyway, I started the topic fresh and this time your suggestion worked!  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

I have discussed this with Adobe and they have raised a bug. Meantime there is an easier way to get the Restart Numbering field to appear.

Start the second list and then look at the breadcrumbs above the topic and click LI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the cursor in the style that shouldn't be numbered, look at the toolbar and you should see the list icon shaded. Click it and select the None option on the right.

You could also backspace so the image becomes part of the previous number and use shift enter. After the image use Enter again and numbering will restart.

It really would help us help you if you kept this problem in one thread. Right now we seem to be diving all over the place. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. When I tried this weeks ago, it did not work. I must have had things in a bad state? 

Anyway, I started the topic fresh and this time your suggestion worked!  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have discussed this with Adobe and they have raised a bug. Meantime there is an easier way to get the Restart Numbering field to appear.

Start the second list and then look at the breadcrumbs above the topic and click LI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp