• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I integrate an HTML5 RoboHelp project to the server?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing Help for a large project with output in responsive HTML5. It has been recommended by Adobe that I develop everything on my local laptop hard drive, which I am doing. I have all the links to images and topics that point to my c:\....\....RoboHelp project. How do I integrate with the software that I am supporting and maintain all my links?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Depending on what version of RH you're using, the generated output will all be in one main folder (with many many sub-folders & files). All links are relative to each other, so that the "c:\" bit won't matter. You should work with your developers to figure out how and where this output folder's contents will be placed/packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what version of RH you're using, the generated output will all be in one main folder (with many many sub-folders & files). All links are relative to each other, so that the "c:\" bit won't matter. You should work with your developers to figure out how and where this output folder's contents will be placed/packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am having an initial meeting with developers this afternoon. It was a concern.

Also, I just generated an output to Microsoft HTML Help and there were no images, only text. How about integration to Microsoft HTML Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHM output should include images, so something went wrong with that - but I wouldn't use it since it's super-ancient technology (from Microsoft years ago) and isn't being enhanced. HTML5 is the new thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, CHM won't work if you plan to run it from a network drive or the web. (There used to be hoops you could jump through to make it "work", but it was a pain, and possibly per user, and over time fewer of the hacks even worked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp