Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Package My HTML Output

Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using TCS 5, RH 11, FM 12, all patched up. I want HTML files, baggage (PNG, etc.), and a single CSS packaged so I can deploy it (on CD or online) in a useable way. Am currently using a Blank project with HTML 5 output.

However, currently, each of my 31 or so FM chapters gets a folder that contains an HTM, CSS, baggage, and a TXT file.

11.png

• I have 31 such folders. this is unhelpful. Can I get all my HTML in one place, with a SINGLE subfolder for all baggage, and ONE CSS?
  • I tried Saving and Generating, but that didn't work.
  • I set a publish location as a folder on my hard drive, called Output, and that didn't work.

The structure I want is:

• All the HTML files in one folder (with the CSS)
    • A sub folder for the CSS (optional if not in the same folder as the HTML)
    • A sub folder with all the graphics

How do I achieve this?

Thanks,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

So when you generate the help, your output usually goes into a \!SSL!\ folder named with whatever flavour of help you create – you can package up that entire folder for distribution. It could be zipped up or you could use some third-party software to compress it and create a self-extracting executable. Some companies then hand over the output folder to their developers to be included in the software build – every place is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you generate the help, your output usually goes into a \!SSL!\ folder named with whatever flavour of help you create – you can package up that entire folder for distribution. It could be zipped up or you could use some third-party software to compress it and create a self-extracting executable. Some companies then hand over the output folder to their developers to be included in the software build – every place is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Is there any way to control how this content is structured? For example, I want all the HTML files in one folder, while currently RH places them in a separate folder based on the FM file they came from.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp