Highlighted

How do I reset the numbering in a set of steps in RH2019 New UI?

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created three steps, inserted an image, then added a fourth step. I'm getting:

1 ....

2 ....

3 ....

<image>

1 ....

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I reset the numbering in a set of steps in RH2019 New UI?

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created three steps, inserted an image, then added a fourth step. I'm getting:

1 ....

2 ....

3 ....

<image>

1 ....

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the cursor at the start of the text by the second 1. Right click, select Bullets and Numbering and there's a field to restart the numbering. Set it to 4 in this case.

There is an easier way of you want the image indented with the text of the list. After the last character in item 3, press Shift Enter once or twice to get the space you want above the image. Then insert the image.

Use Shift Enter again if you want some space below as well. Then press Enter only and the list will restart at 4.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, the second approach works. I had tried the first approach, bu there was no Bullets and Numbering option on the context menu. RH2019_numberedList.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, the second approach works. I had tried the first approach, bu there was no Bullets and Numbering option on the context menu.

RH2019_numberedList.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the title you said you were using Classic. That menu is from 2019 New UI.

Note the cursor in the second list below. Look on the right. There's a field Restart Numbering At.

image.png

I will edit the thread title.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. So, what's the secret to getting the Restart Numbering field to appear? If I position the cursor at steps 1, 2, or 3, I see it. If I position the cursor at step 4, I don't. (I got the 4 using your second approach)

RH2019_numberedList2.pngRH2019_numberedList2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter has mentioned, just put the cursor after the number (before the text) you want to restart, and then "Restart numbering" will appear in "Properties > General". 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0