• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set gbWithNavPane variable to true in RH?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm using RH HTML v10.

In the cshdat_robohelp.htm file (that is dynamically created by RoboHelp and contains all the topic-to-help file mappings), there is a variable called “gbWithNavPane” that is initialized to false. Is there a setting I can toggle in the RoboHelp application so that the gbWithNavPane variable is set to true?

This will enable us to show a two pane browser window when a user accesses context sensitive help, where the left pane is the nav pane and the right pane shows the context sensitive help topic.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit it in the template folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_csh\ folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Are you using the RoboHelp WebHelp API to open those CSH topics? If so, why futz about with the code when you can easily accomplish it using RoboHelp?

Just look at the WebHelp window definition and enable two pane there.

tmp3.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp