• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I share resources not in the root of the project and how would I share the contents of an entire folder?

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm cheating I know but this is a two-part question...

We have a team of Technical Writers who work on multiple projects. Often we work on the same projects and we need to share the same screen layouts.

We are working in RH2017 and would like to share the contents of a screen layout folder which we named HMI. The structure then is "D:\git\<productname>\Help\<projectname>\!ScreenLayout!\HMI" for example.

The first issue is when we attempt to share a file within that folder, RH always adds the file to the root of the RH project folder and immediately adds it as a baggage file. This is, of course, working as designed. Unfortunately, we don't want it in the root, we want it in the HMI screen layout folder in order for the shared resource functionality for our screen layouts to work correctly.

To get around this, we end up having to manually open both the rhbag.apj and rhscreenlayout.apj files in a text editor and manually update them so the paths correctly point to the HMI folder.

The next issue which is related obviously to the first, is that this wouldn't be too bad if we're interested in defining just one or two files in the HMI sub-folder as shared resource files. Unfortunately, depending on how you setup your screen layout, and if you've previewed the screen layout, the folder may contain over a hundred image, fpj, css, js, etc. files in it. The work required to manually update the .apj files in order for them to correctly point to the right sub-folder location for all the files would be quite the task.

Is there an easy, automated way in RH to correctly define the contents of a folder that is a sub-folder of a RH project as a shared resource?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a source control user so I can't help you on this one. As someone who supports the forums regularly, I can say that source control issues are not too well supported by other users. You might need to take this one up with Adobe Support if no one steps in soon.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As always, thanks Peter!

I'll make a submission to Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp