• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add topic subkeywords?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to generate top-level topic keywords by selecting a keyword in a topic, then right-click, then Add to > Index Keyword > Topic Index Keyword. But I can't figure out how to make a topic subkeyword. The RoboHelp help doesn't even seem to mention subkeywords at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You add sub keywords using the Index Designer. Basically, from the Project Manager pod, find the Index section and expand it. Then double-click the default index.

tmp1.png

From the Index Designer pod, click the term you want to be the main term so it's selected, then click the icon to insert the sub-keyword.

tmp2.png

Type your Sub-Keyword term and press Enter

tmp3.png

Then right-click the bottom area and choose the topic to map the sub keyword to.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also an undocumented trick: If you have a keyword, make it : keyword\subkeyword. This will add a subkeyword below the keyword as well. Works great in topic properties, but I haven't tried it from topic content yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip. I've used RoboHelp for 20 years and in all that time I've never once added keywords using Topic Properties. For some reason adding them that way never seemed intuitive to me.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp