I’m having trouble changing the skin applied to my WebHelp project in RoboHelp 2015. I have a project with a corporate skin applied. Now I need to use an entirely different skin (not a modified version of my existing skin). How do I apply the new skin to my project? I have the new skin in the Skin Gallery and I can select it from the Output Settings. When I generate the help I get the old look and feel. My current skin is NOT in the gallery and I cannot select it in the Output Settings but it is always applied to the project. So how do I change the skin used?
This cannot be that hard to do. The help says that after the skin is in the gallery I can select it and use it for the output. Not that I can tell.
The project is conditionalized. I don't know if that matters. The skin I want (CGN Skin) is in the Skins folder with other skins and I can select it (it highlights). However, when I open the WebHelp Settings to generate the project, there is no Skin option under Content Categories and when I click Content <Default>, the dialog has no Skin option. In short, there's no way to select the CGN skin. Whenever I build the project, it gives me the Blue Coat Skin (even though the condition is Not Bluecoat. See screen shots.
Try the "Navigation" section of that SSL
I was able to get the correct skin by selecting it on the Navigation screen. So thank you!
One more question: I need to use different button colors (book, topic, and navigation) from those that are part of the "CGN" skin. If you select a different color for the book, topic, and navigation buttons in the skin wizard, when you build the help, it doesn't change the button colors. Why is that?
Should change if you've edited it in the Skin Editor & then told the SSL output to use the edited skin...
A little background: The Help file we've had trouble with came with software that our company acquired -- we inherited that Help file. For whatever reason, using the skins editor to change the buttons didn't work. We had to replace the images in the skins folder with images from the help we use with our flagship product to get the right button shapes and colors. It looks like we're all set now, but I don't understand why the skins editor didn't work properly.
My own guess here is that there is more than one skin in play that has a similar name. But as I said, it's just a guess.
Hard to say for certain what may be happening as we cannot see the project first hand. Maybe if you were to record a video showing the changes you are (or were) making along with what you are doing when you prepare to generate we might see something that leads us to a definitive answer. But it sounds like you have now managed to solve it.
If you do happen to really want to get to the bottom of it, I might suggest recording a screencast and sharing here for all of us to watch and offer opinions on.