• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the Page Open default?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my links now need to open in a new window. However, the page default has them all opening in the same frame. I have to manually change the setting for every link by going into Properties>Advanced and clicking New Window from the dropdown.

I changed that setting on one link, and looked into the HTML code to see the command. But there didn't appear to be any way I could use that command (target="_blank) in a Search and Replace function in each project because I need to insert it into the hyperlink code, which is always unique. "Search and Replace" was Plan B when I couldn't find any way to change the setting in the project. How do I do this? I have a massive number of links to update with this command. I really need to automate it. Thanks!

CODE TO OPEN IN NEW WINDOW

<a href="http://portal.hud.gov/huddoc/13-01ml.pdf"

target="_blank">HUD Mortgagee Letter 2013-1</a>

CODE TO OPEN IN SAME FRAME

<a href="http://portal.hud.gov/huddoc/13-01ml.pdf">HUD

Mortgagee Letter 2013-1</a>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - it's Robhelp 11 in Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have figured it out. I went into a topic, and double-clicked a hyperlink. This displayed a Hyperlink dialog that lists all the external links in the project. I couldn't select all of the links - just one at a time - but when I changed the Display in Frame dropdown to New Window for any of the links, it apparently applied that setting to all the links on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. When I published everything still displayed in the same frame. Is this a bug perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you checked if all the links are set to open in new window?

For this, double click the hyperlink and see if new window is selected for "display in frame" option.

Also, Which output format are you generating?

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding, but the Webhelp page display default is "Display in Frame." I have to manually change thousands of files to "New Window" by doing what you suggest, and I'm looking for an automated workaround - I want to be able to flip a switch to set everything to "New Window," or at the very least flip a switch so that the default for any files from this point forward is "New Window."

I suspect there isn't going to be a solution to this. At least not in RH11. But thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp