• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you get styles from a style sheet to attach correctly?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a style sheet in my project and some styles will attach correctly, while others default to none or normal. I am copying the txt from Word but am clearing the Word style before copying it over. I have a numbered list style but it won't attach to my numbered list.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see the Normal/None? In the dropdown in the buttonbar? That only allows you to select headings, paragraphs and text styles. You can apply the list styles with the Styles and Formatting pod (View > Pods > Styles and Formatting) or by right clicking the list, Bullets and Numbering, tab custom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Styles and Formatting pod. When I select the text and try and apply the numbered list style, it reverts back to "none" or "normal" style. It won't recognize the numbered list style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you look at the HTML code you will see the List style has been applied. The style dialogue to which you refer is for the Paragraph style. Content can have both a list style and a paragraph style applied.

There's a topic on my site about Lists.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see that in HTML it shows the style (class) as the list style. I thought it would show in the Styles and Formatting pod too. Thanks for your help. (I already had you site bookmarked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Styles and Formatting pod will show the list style applied, but only if you have List Styles selected at the top of the pod.

Possibly this is because you can also apply a paragraph style to list items, and if you do this, you will see the paragraph style highlighted when 'All available styles' is selected at the top of the pod. Or it might just be a bug/oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I do see the List style as being applied when the pod is set to List Styles. I just expected it to show when All Available Styles is selected. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp