Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open and edit a .slz file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

LOL. RoboHelp is a sleazy editor?

SLZ's are just zip files with a different extension. You can extract it like any archive. I regularly just thrown in updated images or .slp files usins 7-zip.

If you want to edit beyond the capabilities of the built in editor, don't open the .slp files in RoboHelp! That will mess up the layout. Use Dreamweaver/Notepad++/something else instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to first, install a really good virus and malware checker, then visit that very questionable corner of the web, locate, download and install a sleazy editor!

Actually, I don't believe you can or would really want to directly edit these files. I believe they are used within RoboHelp to provide the skin for a HTML5 Responsive layout. So you edit them by manipulating things inside of RoboHelp. Then you can export them and probably import them into other projects.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. RoboHelp is a sleazy editor?

SLZ's are just zip files with a different extension. You can extract it like any archive. I regularly just thrown in updated images or .slp files usins 7-zip.

If you want to edit beyond the capabilities of the built in editor, don't open the .slp files in RoboHelp! That will mess up the layout. Use Dreamweaver/Notepad++/something else instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully Willam, you weren't interpreting my answer to suggest that one simply use the RoboHelp Editor to open a SLZ file as if it were any old topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's any screen layout that has been exported from RH. If you rename it to .zip you can open or extract it like a normal zip file. I haven't tried this so I don't know what the consequences might be. I think you'd be better off importing into RH and editing the files that RH extracts, then re-exporting if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp