• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is the best way to create a duplicate version of an HTML 5 Help system?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for a cloud-based SaaS product which doesn't have releases in the traditional software sense. An initial Help system was created. Now I have to prepare to do periodic updates. I'm thinking of duplicating the existing Help system's folders and file and renaming the existing system's top folder to "release." I would then name the duplicate's top folder "beta" and work on updates to the product in the beta version. Once the beta version is ready for release, I would copy those files over to the release folder structure and repeat the process.

Are there any gotchas when duplicating a Help system? I want to make sure the hyperlinks and graphic links are kept intact.

Any other suggestions for handling this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty straightforward. Just pop out to Windows Explorer. Copy the project folder to a new folder somewhere. Then from RoboHelp, open the copy of the project. Once you do that, RoboHelp doesn't know any different from the other copy. All links and whatever should be perfectly maintained. At that point I would consider renaming the project to avoid confusion.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick. Too easy. I was expecting at least one gotcha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp