Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to activate Robohelp X5

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using Robohelp X5 in my desktop for last 10 years. Recently, I got a new laptop. I uninstalled it from my desktop and installed in the laptop.

On opening, system prompts to Activate the robohelp x5. I could not activate it by online/email/phone or any means.

I searched in google, all website links related to activating robohelp x5  are old and not working.

Please suggest how to activate it or bypass the Activation window to use robohelp X5.

I need to use Robohelp x5 to update my Help files.

Kindly do the needful.

Regards,

Selvakala Bharathi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will find any way of activating X5. Unless you are generating a CHM only output, it wouldn't be of much use anyway. The webhelp output would not work in modern browsers and printed documentation would work with modern versions of Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We are creating Webhelp output for our product and still it works in browsers.

I dont think we could immediately go for a product upgrade. I need to continue using Robohelp X5 until we get approval for an upgrade.

I guess there should be a way to bypass the Activation window and continue using Robohelp x5.

Need your suggestions.

Regards,

Selvakala Bharathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recalled later that a year or two back lots of older Adobe versions of Creative Cloud apps were pulled because there was a legal case over the use of certain code. I'll hazard a guess that is why the non-activation version of X5 also got pulled.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised as webhelp from later versions would not work with browsers concurrent with those versions. 

At one time I believe Adobe did have a version of X5 that did not require activation so you could try Support again with that line of attack. Technically you have a perpetual licence.

I think any other version you find would be a hacked version and goodness knows what goodies that will come packed with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp