• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a PDF to the Help button of the Application? Do we need a Robohelp to generate this?

Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to add a PDF to the Help button of the Application? Do we need a Robohelp to generate this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you already have a PDF document? If so, you can create a button in your application that opens the PDF. You can deliver the PDF as part of your installation.

If you don't have content yet, you will need to make it. You can use RoboHelp but you can create PDF documents with lots of applications.

What is it that you are trying to achieve precisely? Is this only a question about opening a PDF file or are you looking for something broader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, William.

Well, we just want the PDF to open when we click on the “Help” link of the Application.

Also, we have the PDF ready. 

Is it a job of a UI Developer? Do we need to tell him to link this PDF to the Help button or link of the Application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed this is the role of the application developer. They need to configure the linkage between the application and the PDF.

However, personally speaking as a user, I would be maddened if I clicked help and did not get a proper help system. Don't get me wrong, I suppose a PDF is better than nothing at all. But PDF pales in comparison to a good and proper help system!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you.

However, the client requirement is like that 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the requirement i don't think yo need Robohelp. The action to open a pdf on a button can be implemented by the UI developer.

Robohelp is used in order to create a sophisticated help document. Let me know if you need any further clarification ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right.

Its the UI developers job.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp