• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert Advance Online Help Source files to RoboHelp file type?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Advance Online Help Source file and extracted them to my desktop (image below). I would like to upload these files into RoboHelp 2019 Classic to edit, but when I try to open the files in RoboHelp 2019 they are not there. The file type should be RoboHelp, but I don’t know how to get the source files to save as RoboHelp files.

kgraugnard_1-1623159844285.png

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced Online Help Source is an internal project that you have downloaded from somewhere on your network, correct?

What you are showing looks correct. There is no RoboHelp file type as such. The topics are HTML files and you open a project by double clicking the XPJ file in Explorer of opening RoboHelp and browsing the the XPJ file.

I am not clear on what the issue is here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was instructed to download the Advance Online Help Source file. When I try to open the file in RoboHelp, it only gives me the option to open as a RoboHelp Project file type, so the source files don't show up. See image below.

kgraugnard_0-1623170927324.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the image in your first post you are showing some HTML files. In amongst them should be an XPJ file. In your second image you have accessed the same folder but the dialog is set up to hide any files except the XPJ file or an HHP file. The fact that you are not seeing either means the download was not the complete project. Either it was corrupted or someone didn't zip it up properly in the first place.

You need to go back to whoever instructed you to download the file to explain the problem.

It might be worth trying to extract it again first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp