Highlighted

How to convert MadCap Doc To Help project (in Nethelp format) to Robohelp?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I need to have my Madcap Doc-to-help project (in NETHELP format) entirely functional in Robohelp, but I did not find a way to import the entirely project. I have more than 4000 pages, with hyperlinks, glossary terms and context ids.

I can´t simply import the doc files, because I will loose all this resources.

Anyone?

Topics

Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to convert MadCap Doc To Help project (in Nethelp format) to Robohelp?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I need to have my Madcap Doc-to-help project (in NETHELP format) entirely functional in Robohelp, but I did not find a way to import the entirely project. I have more than 4000 pages, with hyperlinks, glossary terms and context ids.

I can´t simply import the doc files, because I will loose all this resources.

Anyone?

Topics

Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of an import for that - you might want to try taking the HTML5 output and reverse engineering a RH project out of it - see Peter's site about that (grainge.org) or there's a paid script from Helpessentials that might be faster.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Daigle has a Flare to RoboHelp converter. It is not 100% perfect but it does do a good job with just some tidying up afterwards.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/convert-flare-10-project-to-robohelp-11/m-p/7059990#M105369

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tool may or may not work - the OP has a Doc-to-Help project, not a Flare one (both owned by MadCap though).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Thanks for picking me up on that one Jeff. John's tool is not an option in this case unless, just a wild thought, MadCap can convert a Doc to Help project and then maybe John's converter would work. Long shot.

It might be easier to create a CHM from Doc to Help and reverse engineer that. That usually works OK.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines