• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable autoplay of Captivate videos inserted in Robohelp projects?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp 9 and I've inserted couple of Captivate videos in between text. When I generate WebHelp I see that these videos play automatically when the page is opened. There is a play bar underneath the video through which I can pause the video, but I was wondering if there is a way to disable autoplay function of these videos?

I've tried inserting:

autoplay="false" <param name="play" value="false" />

But it doesn't seem to work.

Can someone with expertise in HTML please help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Hi there

First, we need to clarify your use of the term "video". When Captivate produces output it can be in the form of a video such as an MP4 file or it can be in the form of a "video" but meaning instead, an Adobe Flash SWF file.

If it's a SWF, I'm not sure the autoplay option will help at all as I believe that to be intended for a "true" video in perhaps MP4 format.

If the Captivate file is in SWF format and you want it paused at the start, you have a couple of options.

1. Whoever created the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First, we need to clarify your use of the term "video". When Captivate produces output it can be in the form of a video such as an MP4 file or it can be in the form of a "video" but meaning instead, an Adobe Flash SWF file.

If it's a SWF, I'm not sure the autoplay option will help at all as I believe that to be intended for a "true" video in perhaps MP4 format.

If the Captivate file is in SWF format and you want it paused at the start, you have a couple of options.

1. Whoever created the Captivate should insert either a Button or a Click Box object at the beginning to keep it paused until the user clicks play. That will require adding the element and producing the Captivate output again. And you will need to re-add the new video to the RoboHelp project.

2. You are able to create a Dynamic HTML Drop-Down and tuck the Captivate video inside the drop-down. The user then clicks the link to reveal the Captivate and it doesn't begin playing until that action happens.

Your call... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As usual you are brilliant Rick!

Many thanks for your quick response.

I liked both your solutions; however, what I did was:

As RoboHelp wouldn't allow inserting mp4 videos generated in Captivate, I ended up uploading mp4 videos on YouTube and then embedding those videos into RoboHelp using <iframe> HTML tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp