• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit WebHelp TOC text

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RoboHelp project that is complied in WebHelp. The current TOC has a very small font and each line of the TOC is crammed next to the line above and below--all else looks good.

How can I edit the TOC font (make larger) and increase the line spacing between each TOC entry. I tried editing the CSS styles and this didn't work. Adobe support staff told me the TOC text was not initially intended to be edited.

I used to use Quadralay WebWorks Publisher Professional (during the early 2000's) and I used to edit the complied output. Is my issue something that I can resolve by editing the complied output? maybe using Dreamweaver or Notepad?

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Hi there

You do this by clicking View > Pods > Project Setup, then double-clicking the skin you are using.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You do this by clicking View > Pods > Project Setup, then double-clicking the skin you are using.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of skin are you using? Maybe a screenshot of what you’re seeing would help us understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very, very much for explaining how I can increase the font size. And you suggestion works!! I was able to successfully increase the font size. However, can I increase the line height? each line of the TOC is still tightly packed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my previsou reply, thank you again for explaining how I can edit the font of the TOC. To more specifically answer your question, I am using the WebHelp XP Sliver skin. I am still hoping I can edit line height. T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a quick test in RH11 using that SilverXP skin & if I bumped up the font to 18pt, it certainly increased the line height for me – post an example of yours (use the web interface for posting screenshots)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly!! I love the support. Here's the screen capture so you can see there is little if no white space between each line. WebHelp project output.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don’t know of any way to change the leading between lines in the ToC – that’s probably an “under the hood” adjustment in the JavaScript that you’d have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew the name of the file that includes the JavaScript, I could probably find someone here at work that could help me edit the line height. Do you know the name of the Javascript file? I looked through them and found at least six js files, but I am not sure whether to start in the !SS! folder or another folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d suggest poking around in the .skn file – I know that’s where you can change the width of the left-hand pane so that it defaults to a wider setting (look for "frameset cols=")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I work with an expert in javascript, so at least starting with the correct file will be a great help. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp