Highlighted

How to get Roboto Font for RoboHelp 11?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trying to recreate a project since I do not have the source file with me. In this project, we use a special font called Roboto. How does one get this font? Do we need the help of IT team to install this with the RoboHelp software. 

I do not know what was done earlier, I had simply inherited the file with this font already available in the Styles pane whenever I would launch RoboHelp on my desktop. Currently, I am using a laptop with RoboHelp 11 installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get Roboto Font for RoboHelp 11?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trying to recreate a project since I do not have the source file with me. In this project, we use a special font called Roboto. How does one get this font? Do we need the help of IT team to install this with the RoboHelp software. 

I do not know what was done earlier, I had simply inherited the file with this font already available in the Styles pane whenever I would launch RoboHelp on my desktop. Currently, I am using a laptop with RoboHelp 11 installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page below was written for the New UI versions of RoboHelp but I think they will work for Classic. They may need a bit of adaptation.

BTW. If you are generating WebHelp from RoboHelp 11, I would be expecting issues with it in modern browsers. Do test fully.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge - I think something got lost there - there's no link to any "page below" in your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/fonts/fonts.htm

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to the page. I would need clarification on few of the points mentioned under the Font Face method.

1.Do I need to purchase the Roboto font as the 1st step mentions going through the licensing details? 

2. It also says that the TTF or OTF file needs to be saved in the same location as the CSS file. Do you mean the project folder? Is this just a simple copy and paste action?

3. I do not recall installing the Roboto font on my PC so that I can see the font in RoboHelp. It came with the project file.

4. It says that the font needs to be added to the CSS file. In the example that was given, the Quicksand font family and file referenced in the URL were added to the file. Does this mean that I need to edit the CSS file from within RoboHelp using either CSS editor or HTML editor?

5. Do I need to manually add the font family to each individual styles (h1, h2, h3 etc) by editing the CSS using HTML editor from within RoboHelp?

6. For Classic version, it is said that the OTF or TTF file needs to be added as a baggage file. Why do we need to do this when we are saving it in the same location where the CSS file is used? This seems to clash with the 2nd point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Some fonts are not allowed to be distributed (that's basically what you are doing)

2. In the project, yes

3. You should check to see if you are licensed to distribute the font file.

4. Yes, edit the CSS file to include this - doesn't make any difference what tool you use to edit a CSS - it's just text.

5. Yes, same as 4.

6. Because you are distributing the font file, it has to get into your output somehow - in Classic versions, that was achieved via Baggage Files; in the New UI, that's not necessary because the CSS gives RH the info it needs at build time to suck in the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0