Highlighted

How to insert an external link to a PDF in an HTMl file in Robohelp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file which I would like to link inside an html file. When I generate a pdf output, the link to a pdf should open the PDF. 

The PDF file is not on any ftp drive or internet. This file will be inside the same folder as the other pdf.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to insert an external link to a PDF in an HTMl file in Robohelp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file which I would like to link inside an html file. When I generate a pdf output, the link to a pdf should open the PDF. 

The PDF file is not on any ftp drive or internet. This file will be inside the same folder as the other pdf.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just need to add the linked PDF to baggage. How you do that depends on your version but you haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

Please always include that when starting a thread.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2017 13.0.2.334

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the PDF as a baggage file in Project Manager.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines