• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to integrate HTML output with ASP.NET c# ?

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a help project created with RoboHelp 2017 , HTML Output .. i need to integrate it with my Web App (ASP.NET C#) ,

i checked the manual , and followed the steps ,

Copied RoboHelp_CSH.cs into the Solution,

tried to add a reference for MSXML2.DLL but it wasn't there (i run Windows 10) so i downloaded it off the internet ..

but i'm still getting issues like "using HHCTRLLib;" this library is no where to be found and i even can't find it on the internet

even the RoboHelp_CSH.cs file which the manual instructed to fetch from the RoboHelp installation folder is full of errors and undefined references

please advice ..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think CHM files are appropriate for web applications. You should look at a web format such as Webhelp, or one of the HTML5 outputs. Probably Responsive HTML5 as the most modern version.

Willam's site provides detailed information about context sensitive help, assuming that's what you mean by "integrating":

https://www.wvanweelden.eu/article-category/context-sensitivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the poster has made the simple mistake of taking HTML Help to mean WebHelp rather than a single file CHM which would not run on a server. I have therefore moved this post to the WebHelp forum. The links to it remain unchanged.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we do use html pages [the RoboHelp project output] , the point is that we're trying to call them from our own web application,

in the manual of RoboHelp2017 P:347 they put instructions to do so ,

all the files and libraries mentioned in that sector either doesn't exist or has dependencies to ones that doesn't exist

and that's our problem , so i was asking about another way to get to our goal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us where you found this document? Is it a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search of the online help for MSXML2.DLL revealed it is in c:\windows\system32\ msxml2.dll

A Google search for HHCTRLLib found results for HHCTR.Lib and this hhctrl.lib file for developer came up. It is 9 years old but the interesting bit is the reply was from Pete Lees who was the CHM file guru.

Are you generating WebHelp which is uncompiled HTML files or CHM help which is a compiled file? However, it will not work on a network so it seems to be the wrong type of help anyway.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M3ssaf,

Robohelp can create a dozen different outputs, and what you need to do depends on which output you are generating. If you could share a screenshot of your Output Properties dialog box, the dialog box title should tell us which output you are generating.

Having said that, this would seem to be the most relevant topic, although I'm not sure how these instructions relate if you are generating Responsive HTML5 or Multiscreen HTML5, as I've never worked with .NET. The previous link to Willam's site might contain information that helps.

Adobe RoboHelp (2017 release)

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber,

Here's a screenshot of project settings in RH,

Capture.PNG

, the instrustions relates to this as we wanted to have the look and feel of a traditioinal CHM file ..., while according to my understanding it's done using JS & CSS files generated from RH output, so when i recieved the output files for the first time i didn't get that look and feel,
when reviewing the manual as i described in the initial post i followed the instructions and faced the issues described ,

that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, you're creating Webhelp.

So the the link I posted should tell you how to do it.

However, I checked Win10 (Home) and I have an msxml3.dll in the directory Peter mentions. And I'm nearly positive that HHCTRL.LIB is only for CHM help.

I think it's probably time to contact Adobe tech support to find out if something has been left out of the build by mistake, or if the documentation is out of date. (For example, I found this older post, where Adobe confirmed the documentation was incorrect Re: Linking F1 to ResponsiveHTML help -missing files  )

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you just gave the whole folder of ASP.NET files to the developers & let them figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp