• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make context sensitive calls to locally installed HTML5 help without web server

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been working with my software development team to do a proof of concept of migrating a context sensitive help project from Oracle Help to HTML5 Responsive Help. Exciting times!

Is anyone making context sensitive calls to HTML5 responsive help that is installed locally without a web server?

We have found that calls with the ? in them require HTTP processing/web server. Without a web server, the context sensitive call is not completed, just the call to the index file and default landing page for the help system.

As a viable workaround, the developer has created a redirect file for each entry point into the help. So, we do have a go forward plan, but these redirect files introduce additional maintenance work for development as the help system changes over time so I would like to see if anyone has call syntax that works without a web server.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just generated the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project locally and this link is what is displayed when I open the project. If I then copy the link to another browser tab, it is working correctly.

file:///C:/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/My%20RoboHelp%20Projects/outputs/RoboHelp%20Reimagined/Responsive%20HTML5/index.htm#t=bits_and_pieces%2Fbits_and_pieces.htm

Try that project to help solve the issue. Not sure where your ? is coming from.

There is a topic on Calling Help on my site.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp