• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make my Index tab load in everything instead of chunks of data during vertical scroll?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large Responsive HTML5 help system with multiple child helps that is stored on our web server.

We're using the latest RH 2017 (13.0.2.334).

Some of our beta users are complaining that they can't just scroll to the section they want. What's happening is that when they first access the Index tab, it loads in about a page of keywords. Then when they start to scroll down, it starts to load in a little more, instead of just loading in all the index keywords at once.

How can I make it load in all the data at once so they don't have this delay in scrolling? It takes me ~34 seconds to scroll all the way down to the bottom because of this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's your JavaScript programming? Because I don't think there's anything you can tweak within RH to change that lag in loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jeff that there is no setting as such. Do you have sub-string search enabled? If so, turn it off.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, my javascript programming isn't great, but it is improving. Where to find what to tweak would be the biggest issue. That and making sure RoboHelp didn't overwrite any changes I made the next time I generated the help...

Peter, no, I don't have "Enable Substring Search" turned on in the "Search" tab of the SSL settings if that's what you're referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, making sure that RH doesn't reset your work is generally solved by putting your altered version of the scripts overtop of the "factory" versions that get used to manufacture the output. As to where to look, probably only Willam van Weelden​ would have any idea ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp