• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to password protect sections of published Online Help

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce our companies online help (for school administration software) using a Responsive HTML5 layout.

I have been asked to investigate a password protected section of our online help for specific a specific subset of support documents.

I am aiming towards an entire TOC Book and its nested Topics as being password protected.

Is this possible, I have had a scour of roboHelp's Online help and any reference to a password is generally regarding version control and publishing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Technically, you can by protecting a specific folder that holds all topics. But search, TOC and the like will work. So it's only a minimal solution and can be very confusing to readers. Some info here: Password Protecting a Folder

You can also completely protect an output using the method referenced above or by using the separate RoboHelp Server.

Wouldn't it be easier to create two outputs? One fully open minus the specific section and one with all content, but completely protected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp