• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print a Single Topic in RH 2019?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of RoboHelp, there was a way to print a single topic (File > Print Design). In RH 2019, however, that's gone, and I can't find any way to quickly print a topic to PDF for review. Is there any way to print just a topic or two without generating the whole project? 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI or Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a TOC with just the topics you want to print. It's not ideal but in 2019 the output is just whatever is in the TOC.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I suppose that's the best option at this point. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread because I had the same question.
I like many aspects of the new UI, but simply removing a feature like this seems user-hostile.:-(

If I understand you correctly, Peter, in order to print a topic for proofing or copy-editing I now have to go through this nonsensical routine:

1. Add a new ToC

2. Add a new Preset (using the new TOC and a different output location)

Then, for each topic I need to proof:

3, Add Topic to new TOC

4. Generate Output using new preset

5. View Output in Browser

6. Print from Browser

7. If no changes are required, delete topic from TOC

In 2019 Clasic I'd only have to click one button on my Quick Access Toolbar!

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not New UI, but I have a "Review" output and toc permanently configured for Word output, and email the word document to my reviewers. I do need to add and remove topics from the toc when I want to review, but I also batch up a number of topics up at once. I use the Topic List pod sorted by last modified date to drag and drop the topics I need to the TOC. 

This works in New UI although feels clunkier. My bigger beef is that I need to manually tag each topic in the Topic List report in New UI, rather than Shift+click to multi-select like in Classic and I can't float that window for more convenient access (note to self: go raise another bug item or three...)

Obviously this will not help your specific workflow, I just wanted to illustrate one way it could work.

Feel free to join me in reporting issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Amebr. I sort by date last modified half the time, although the results aren't always reliable.

I may be able to use something closer to your approach than what I described, but having to use a clunky workaround still annoys me. "Improving" a UI shouldn't involve such nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp