• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Recover Project Files robohelp 2019

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard driver was fried in a lightening storm. All of the RoBoHelp 2019 files were saved on an exteral server. I have a new computer and installed RoBoHelp 2019 again. How do you load the project files into the program? I had an older version (2015) before the 2019 and there was a project file, however I can't seem to find that in the new 2019 version.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Robohelp 2019 Classic, the project file is the .XPJ file. For Robohelp 2019 New UI, the project file is the .RHPJ file.

Can you see either of those files on the external server? Are there any zip files, which might indicate a backup of your source files? I assume you haven't been using source control (TFS, GIT, SVN, etc), but if you do let us know.

If you can't find a folder containing either an xpj or an rhpj file, then you might only have the output files and will need to reverse engineer your project. I recently posted some guidance on this in another thread. Read through it and let us know if it helps.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/robohelp-project-missing-the-xpj-file/td-p/10932625

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response this will get me started. Do you happen to know hoe to change the view from classic to the new view of 2019? When they uploaded the program they changed the view to classic and I was really enjoying the new 2019 view. Thanks Again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2019 Classic & the New UI are completely separate programs that both should be present on your machine - you can't switch back and forth using the same project once a Classic project has been converted over to the New UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome - Thanks Again - I found both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp