How to resolve "An error occured while trying to read data from" (rhsharedresource.apj)

Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2017 (13.02.334)

So, I've received this error in the past but for different files, usually with .fpj files (and I have script from helpessentials.com that fixes that). However, today it's happening with rhsharedresource.apj. One of the things that we've been doing is applying a new style sheet (.css file) to all our projects and that we have stored up in a SharedResources folder on a mapped network drive, and I think something got messed up somewhere.

If I click OK and then access the Resource Manager, nothing is linked anymore:

Any ideas on how to resolve this error so that things are now linked properly? I've tested the code of the .apj inside an xml validator and it's fine.

The problem was a co-worker of mine had some entries in the .apj file that were pointing to a non-existent file. Deleting those code blocks from the .apj solved the problem.

TOPICS
HTML

Views

271

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to resolve "An error occured while trying to read data from" (rhsharedresource.apj)

Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2017 (13.02.334)

So, I've received this error in the past but for different files, usually with .fpj files (and I have script from helpessentials.com that fixes that). However, today it's happening with rhsharedresource.apj. One of the things that we've been doing is applying a new style sheet (.css file) to all our projects and that we have stored up in a SharedResources folder on a mapped network drive, and I think something got messed up somewhere.

If I click OK and then access the Resource Manager, nothing is linked anymore:

Any ideas on how to resolve this error so that things are now linked properly? I've tested the code of the .apj inside an xml validator and it's fine.

The problem was a co-worker of mine had some entries in the .apj file that were pointing to a non-existent file. Deleting those code blocks from the .apj solved the problem.

TOPICS
HTML

Views

272

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the cpd and reopening the project?

Otherwise, do you have an older version of the apj (from when it was working) that you can compare with the current one, in case things have gone bonkers and the references have been stuffed up/removed somehow?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 29, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr. Thanks for your reply. From the options screen we use the check box that clears out the CPD file every time we load, so I doubt that's it. We do use source control so if we're tracking that file I should be able to go back in time and check it against an older copy. I'll try that next.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 30, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was a co-worker of mine had some entries in the .apj file that were pointing to a non-existent file. Deleting those code blocks from the .apj solved the problem.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 31, 2018 0