• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Robohelp editing CSS file in output?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, first time posting to the forum so hope it's up to standard and I'm clear enough

Basically I'm adding CSS text animations using the @keyframes rule, it works perfectly in RoboHelp and when previewing the topic in a browser, but breaks once the project is generated 

So I had a look in my CSS file in the output and can see that RoboHelp has added its own bits to the code which breaks some of it

Specifically, this goes from

@keyframes colorRotate {
from {
color: #6666ff;
}

and becomes 

keyframes colorRotate {
.RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL-topic-box from, .RH-LAYOUT-FOOTER-container from {
color: #6666ff;
}

Is there anyway to prevent Robohelp form editing my CSS files so that I can avoid it breaking on output? Otherwise I'll have to manually edit it after 😞 

Thanks!

-Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

The other thing to try is you can add a CSS to User Assets in the skin editor.

That way the second definition of that style should override the first. Give that a try and see if it works. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic versions used to edit various files but I thought that wasn't the case with the New UI.

You haven't said which you are using and the version. Is your version up to date?

In the new UI you could try having two copies of the UI with one having the code you want linked to a master page, then specify that master page in the preset. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter, my bad, I'm using 2020.3.32, not too sure how master pages work but I'll have a read through your doc and give it a try

I removed my CSS sheet from the topic properties, instead attahced it to a master page, then assigned that master page to the output and the topic but robohelp still appends the .RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL property

I assume that this is appended for the frameless output, as .RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL is the name of the container for the topic content 

Worst case scenario I'll just store any css that gets broken into a seperate file and paste that over the output, at most it's a bit of an inconvience, was just wondering if there was someway for RoboHelp to ignore certain files 

Also, thanks for your swift response!

-Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing to try is you can add a CSS to User Assets in the skin editor.

That way the second definition of that style should override the first. Give that a try and see if it works. Let us know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does indeed work - however as the file is added in the output it means that the CSS isn't read while authoring 

Therefore a workaround is to attach the CSS to the topic while authoring, then remove it before generating the Help system

Still a slight overhead involved, but as long as it works! Would be nice to have an ignore flag in a future update so CSS files can be unedited during output 

Thanks again and all the best

-Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scratch my last comment - I misunderstood (it's been a long week)

I've added an animations.css file both in the topic properties and in the skin as a user asset and it overrides the styles perfectly and works!

Thanks for the suggestion @Peter Grainge  🙂

All the best

-Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp