• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Turn RH11 Sections into Child Projects while Retaining Links?

New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a publication that is made up of various sections embedded into other sections. The publication was generated from an .hhp file inherited from Help and Manual. I would like to turn some of these sections into child projects while retaining all of the existing links amongst the projects. Below is a sample of the publication structure for the purpose of illustrating this discussion. (For example, I would like to turn the section titled "What is System Five" into a child project). Any help would be much appreciated. I am working in RH11. Thanks!

Gabriela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this image, I see a single large TOC. Where are the sections? And how are the sections structured? Are they just folders in your project or are the really separate projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William, the single large TOC with all the sections comes with an .hhp file created from the master file of the original Help and Manual (hm3). The original publication was a merged project with a complex structure (parent / parent-child / child / parent-child-grandchild). When opened in RH, the .hhp file created an .xpj file in which the previous levels of hierarchy were lost, even though the links across sections were retained. I would like to restructure the publication so that it mirrors the structure of the original instead of being just one block of content. (For example, I would like to have the section "What is System Five?" in the snippet below as a child project). Any ideas as to how to accomplish this? Please let me know if you need more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gabriëlla,

The only way to do this, is to manually split your project. Create a new project and import the topic into that.

There are a lot of posts about this or similar problems so I'm not sure whether this item is still relevant. Can you confirm whether this is still relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp