• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade a Robohelp Classic project (.xpj) with the latest release of Adobe RoboHelp (.rhpj)?

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to RoboHelp 2019 Classic last year and now want to use the new Robohelp 2019 UI.  I don't see an option under File to upgrade to rhpj.  How can I "upgrade" from Classic (xpj) to new .rhpj?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

It's a completely different program - check your Start menu - you should have had 2 versions of RH2019 installed - a Classic one & a New UI one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open 2019 New UI and upgrade from there. Your Classic project is left untouched. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site for more information about 2019.

If your licence is a subscription you can upgrade to 2020 free.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I referred to your website which said to "On the Starter Page click Upgrade Project or Click File > Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project and browse to the main folder of your existing project. Select the XPJ file and click Open to display the New Project dialog".  I don't have that option on my Starter Page. This is one of the reasons I want to use the new UI, because my UI doesn't match any of the documentation on how to do things.

Ackwriter_0-1621274059322.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screen is from Classic. 

In the New UI the file menu also has the upgrade option.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using Classic and can't figure out how to switch to the new 2019 UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a completely different program - check your Start menu - you should have had 2 versions of RH2019 installed - a Classic one & a New UI one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not following what bit you are not understanding.

1. Open the new version of RoboHelp.
  2. The first screen you will see looks like this.
    image.png
  3. Click Upgrade Project.
  4. You will then browse to wherever your Classic project is located.
  5. Select the XPJ file and the project will open in this new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for being so dense.  I did not realize I had both installed.  I was clicking on Robohelp.exe and only seeing Classic.  Now that I realize I have both installed, I can understand how to open the new Robohlep 2019 (non Classic)...Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp