• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Knowledge Base template interactively?

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH11, and my management wants a Knowledge Base that allows our clients to add to it.  When I opened the Knowledge Base template, I didn't see much that was different from a regular help file.  The RH11 manual mentions this template twice with no instructions.

Where can I find more information on how to use the Knowledge Base template as a wiki, as promised in the manual?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you see a promise that users could add to the help?

What words have you interpreted to mean that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On page 24 of the RH11 User Manual, it says, "

Knowledge Base

Create a knowledgebase that has an interface similar to a wiki page. The knowledgebase project template contains master pages that you can customize. You can also create self-updating pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a project separate from my regular Help that nobody but me can update to a Wiki where users can post their own best practices and post questions and answers, in some ways much like this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will need to refer to Adobe to understand their thinking there. You can put an iframe in a page showing content that will show the latest information rather than the information when you created the help, in a way that is self-updating. However, I cannot see that is the same as a wiki. I will ask the question but it is likely to in the new year before there is any response.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I found it in the help. FWIW, it's also mentioned when creating a new project.

tmp1.png

What this is referring to is that the project template will create and offer a page that never needs maintaining. The page is labeled "What's New", and describes a method of using See Also keywords to manage new and changed topics. If this method were not used, a "What's New" page would require creating links or specifically adding verbiage about each new topic.

It DOES NOT allow creating one or more pages that users may contribute to.

RoboHelp has never been an application that allows that type of collaboration. That's what Wiki software is for.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp