Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use RH when documenting duplicate products

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH11 generating WebHelp.

My company is producing a new version of a product. They want to use the same name as the original. They are also keeping the original product (so yes, we will have ProductX and ProductX.)

1. I realize that I can't have two topics called ProductX in RH. Any suggestions besides coming up with a different name for the new product, like ProductX V2?

2. Can I use conditional build tags to populate RH with either the original help topic or the new help topic, depending on the version of ProductX that the client has? I'm trying to avoid having two help systems to maintain.

I apologize if I am not being clear. I do not have any advanced skills in RH so I am unclear how to go about solving these problems.Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Try variable sets - http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2013/10/19/adobe-robohelp-variable-sets

2. Yes CBT tags work at topic level too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp