Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Output (chm) has a different folder hierarchy than the TOC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

i am using RoboHelp 2020 and i have a problem. Maybe someone can help me.

After upgrading an old project i tried to generate an output. That worked. But when i opened the chm data the folder structure is totally different from the structure/hierarchy of the Table of Content. It is kind of messed up. There are some points missing. Some folders are even empty.

I am pretty confused, because i was reading about the new version and it was said, that the TOC controls what topics go into your outputs ( https://www.grainge.org )

After upgrading the old project the TOC is shown correct in the new project. Folders are in the correct hierarchy and folders are filled with the correct htm datas.

Maybe someone has an idea what i am doing wrong.

Thanks! Best Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Work with 2019 if you prefer but I'm thinking that for other work you would be better to stick with 2020 and use the suggested workaround for CHMs.
  2. Please let Support know that this issue has been referred to the developers who have a project showing this problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly the same issue with a project upgraded from 2019 to an earlier version of 2020, and applying Update 5 fixed the problem (YAY!): 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/generated-html-output-not-maintaining-toc-hierarchy/m-p/1232...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp