Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 to HTA

New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum.

Is there a way of smoothly converting my responsive HTML5 output to a HTA file. I like the new azure layout but dont want to run it as a web page. Can this be done.

Many thanks.

Greg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the article below an HTA extension turns a web page into a web app.

HTML Applications - HTA Files (HyperWrite Article)

This is the first time I have seen any such request anywhere and I follow many forums. I'm not seeing what converting a responsive output would achieve over leaving it as designed. What are your reasons for wanting to do this?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thank you for the quick response.

I am simply looking to create a web app rather than a web page for my help file. Personally I feel the web app approach is cleaner, i.e no address bar or buttons. I have tried the renaming method but it duplicates headers and just look naff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that.

How is the user supposed to navigate the topics without the various buttons? My own experience of such systems is that they may look cleaner but are more difficult to use.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the screen shots below Peter, the User can navigate the various topics and pages via the buttons pre set by RH.

This is the concept I am trying to achieve. Its basically a .exe version of a web page.

I totally understand if your not sure, there are a few things I have noticed RH struggles with compared to others such as Madcap or Help & Manual. I just thought I'd take a punt on the forums.  Thank you for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought there was a mobile app output from RH2015 wasn’t there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im intrigued to know where this output function is Jeff and will it adopt the Azure screen layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking here - http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/?s=app&submit=Search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it turns of the mobile app output is missing from my 2015 release and still is after update 3.......any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to add it as an SSL to your list of outputs – didn’t one of those blog posts step through the process of creating the apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that if you right click in the Outputs (SSL) pod and select New, there is no Mobile App option?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try scrolling up a bit?

If it still isn't there, just right click and choose to add it.

tmp5.png

tmp6.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on Rick brilliant. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. I have had a play with creating APKs, which is impressive however I am back to my original question if not slight modified.

Is there way to use the Azure screen layout within a stand alone file i.e. help viewer? Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the Mobile Layout, the first screen requires you to select a layout. Select Azure Blue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it the Azure blue is only availible for HTML5 and APK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I thought that was where we were.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! You were looking at the Responsive help in a browser. Sorry I was slow on the uptake today.

RoboHelp also lets you create an APK file which is what you want. Open the Employee Care 3 sample project and there are topics covering responsive help and creating an APK. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp