Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks to video does not open the video

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a hyperlink to a video in MP4 format from my Webhelp project however, when I click on the hyperlink in the compiled project, it will not open the video.

Alternatively, I have tried inserting the video into a topic as Multimedia but it starts to play and then sticks after a few seconds and will not proceed.

I don't see anything in my browser settings that would prevent videos from running.

Any ideas please?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share the actual video file with me so I can test on my end?

You could use WeTransfer.com and if you choose to do that you will need my email address.

rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, great. I'm sending that over now.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading as I type this.

Pretty massive file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did not realize how large the file was until I just transferred it to you. Maybe that is the issue.

I also sent one of the videos that we've had in the file for years that isn't working.

I wonder if those aren't working because they have no baggage files, but I honestly couldn't tell you what these files were recorded with. They need to be updated any how, so they are not a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Tried the same recording with a smaller file and still having the issue. This was a 212 MB file vs. the 1.2 GB I sent, but the same recording just using a smaller recording area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded both your files and tested in my own RoboHelp 2017. Both files were in AVI format. And in the AVI format, neither file wanted to load up and play after I generated to Responsive output.

I then took each of the AVI files and transcoded them to .MP4 container using the freeware application known as HandBrake. Not only did HandBrake substantially reduce the size of the files, but in the new container they seemed to work just fine in the Responsive output.

Handbrake may be obtained at the link below:

http://www.handbrake.fr

Hopefully you will be able to download and install it.

That would be my recommendation. Transcode all your AVI files to MP4 using HandBrake.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! That solved the issue that I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp