• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hypertext Links

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've saved a User Guide project on my server. I've created a web page and added a link to the user guide but it doesn't work. Can anyone assist please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for questions relating to Adobe's RoboHelp product. Was your web page created using that?

If Yes, what version are you using?

If No, you are asking in the wrong place. You need a general web site forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

I created my User Guide using  Adobe RoboHelp 2015 and saved it on my server.

I then created a web page and added a links to the user guide. This works when I save everything on my hard drive, but when I put it on the server the link doesn't open.

I'm not as technical as I'd like to be - I simply create the documentation.

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you share a screen capture of your RoboHelp Outputs (SSL) dialog, the one that looks like this:

tmp2.png

And the HTML code of the link from the page you are trying to offer the link to open the help?

These bits of information should help us better help you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should the path be 202015 as shown or should it be 2015?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Peter asked, I'm noticing the output settings are for WebHelp PRO. Are you publishing to the separately purchased and installed "RoboHelp Server" product?

If not, you need to abandon that output type and opt for basic WebHelp instead.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m publishing to my company’s server – I’m not using a separate RoboHelp Server. Actually Peter’s just pointed out something that could be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, so many folks choose that output thinking that it just HAS to be somehow better and offer more than basic WebHelp. So indeed, you do need to ignore that output type and opt instead for basic WebHelp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Rick, thanks -  I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path should be 2015 - I thought that the %20 represented a "space".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I misread it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now saved it as a WebHelp output and I'm getting the same response when I try to click the hyperlink.

http://ygdevserver2/RoboHelp%202015%20Guides/WFTL%20Maintenance%20Guide/!SSL!/WebHelp/Permissions.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you up for a one on one chat via computer where I can actually see your screen in real time?

If so, shoot me an email to rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll be happy to connect with you briefly in order to try and help you get squared away.

If you aren't comfortable doing that, I totally understand. I am just sort of hanging loose today and thought I'd toss out the offer. I'm not trying to sell you on anything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Rick but this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sooo, is your issue resolved? If not, we will simply have to try working another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the server a web server or a file server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a Web Server Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp