• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have added a hyperlink which is a .mp4 video file but it won't run when I generate the document.

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a hyperlink which is a .mp4 video file but it won't run when I generate the document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Hi there

Are you using the WebHelp to CHM converter script? If so, that screen shot may make sense. If not, that's not CHM output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RoboHelp? And how did you create the link? Is the MP4 a baggage file? What are you seeing in the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and I've generated a WebHelp Pro user guide. I clicked on Insert Hyperlink and selected .mp4 file from the SSL folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Do you also use the RoboHelp Server counterpart? If not, you need to switch to another output type because WebHelp Pro is only for use with that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that - I’ve also tried to save the output as a .CHM file and the video will not run using this output type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also running RoboHelp 2015 locally on my C Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't want to create a hyperlink, unless you can link to Youtube or another online solution. In your case, embed the MP4 so that it can play inside your help. Make sure you have patch 1 installed and then follow the steps outlined on: https://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2015/10/24/adobe-robohelp-2015-embedding-multimedia-camtasia-studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that William however, adding a Multimedia option doesn't work. I've attached a screenshot and hope this helps. This is the .CHM file output.PromoteOrganisation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you using the WebHelp to CHM converter script? If so, that screen shot may make sense. If not, that's not CHM output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp