• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Adobe RoboHelp9. How do I make it useful for editing the RoboHelp 12 projects?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe RH9. My teammate has RH12. I cannot edit RoboHelp files created on RH12. How do I make it useful for editing the RH 12 projects? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh projects are really version specific. Once opened in the highest version, they cannot realistically be worked on in earlier versions.

There are back door ways of opening a higher version in a lower version but any code that is specific to the higher version will give problems. I believe there is up to date version on how to do that on Willam van Weelden's site at  http://wvanweelden.eu

If the topics have simple code only, you may be able to import the topic into your version, make the changes and then let your teammate import back but I wouldn't like to be doing that for any significant amount of work and you would have to check carefully each time.

The real answer is to upgrade to Rh2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp