• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just installed Robohelp 2015 upgrade from Robohelp 10, and am getting ready to work on my 30 child projects. Do I need to recompile the parent before publishing? Do I need to compile ALL the child projects before publishing?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Robohelp 2015 upgrade from Robohelp 10, and am getting ready to work on my 30 child projects.  Do I need to recompile the parent before publishing? Do I need to compile ALL the child projects before publishing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you’ve loaded all the available patches; then makes sure you’ve got a backup of your RH10 work; then open each of the projects and let RH2015 upgrade them; save them all then reopen and start your usual generate sequence (children first, then the parent, right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks. Where does one find the patches?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Help > Updates doesn’t turn anything up, you can try the direct path of http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Okay. All set. Ready for blastoff. Thank you.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

I'm not certain you have to recompile all your projects. Before advising, I think anyone would first need to know what your output type is. If it's CHM, there is likely no need to recompile. But if WebHelp, there likely is.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Output is Webhelp.  Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back at your original question, once the parent and ALL children have been generated once, you then only need to generate again those projects that change.

If on the first occasion you only generate some of the child projects you may find not everything works correctly.

If you add a new project to the merge, then you must generate the parent again.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks you I will follow that advice.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks that was helpful

Mke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp