Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image borders not applied to printed output

Participant ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2015 | WebHelp | Printed Documentation

I've tried unsuccessfully for some time to force image borders into printed documentation. Whatever steps I take, the style is not exposed through the Output Editor, so it cannot be mapped to Word template style. Although the border appears in RH (and the WebHelp output) I can't work out how to get it into the printed documentation.

The workaround is to add the border manually to each image in Photoshop, but I'd like to be able to manage this using a project style.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but your post isn't clear about how you are dealing with the borders (or if they even exist) with the images in the project.

Do they have borders when viewed online? If so, how did you achieve it? By editing things as each image is inserted or via a style you declared?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick/Peter

I've tried creating image styles through the RH Style pod, by applying borders via the Image Properties dialog box, and by creating my own styles in the CSS. In all instances, the borders are not outputted to Word.

This may be because it's not possible to create image styles in Word, so there's nothing to map them to. However, it should be possible to map them to paragraph or character styles.

Interestingly, table borders are outputted to Word, so perhaps this is a bug?

Regards

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you know, the HTML for tables is different and Word does translate that.

I think the issue is more about image styles not showing. Bug or feature

request? Either way, report it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry but that is the only solution. I don't know if there is a reason why image styles do not appear in the styles to be mapped. I would file it as a bug.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp