Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image filenames in the code are now appearing in search results

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running RH 10, and have created a merged project - based on Peter Grainge's instructions.

All was working fine for years now really with no issues, until we needed to do a global name change in the help system (product name change).

Now when the merged project is generated, the search displays image filenames that are referenced in the html code only .

I have run some tests and have determined that when I runa search in the individual child projects,  the WebHelp system does not display the reference to the image filename.

When I run the master project, however, the search engine seems to pick up the image filename referenced in the code of the child projects.

The WebHelp generation settings are the same for all projects - master and children.

I have no idea why this is currently happening. Any thoughts on where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tannis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go back to the backup you took before applying the global change and retest that?

How did you make the global change?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I checked the original help system and it does not have this same issue. Unfortunately, I did not actually do the global change, but I have had to recreate a number of the steps, so I am making some educated guesses.

- The child help systems do not return search results with image file names that are part of the code. It looks like only the master project is causing this search issue.

To make the name changes in the master project the items that t needed to be changed were the path in the redirect script. The folder name of one of the child projects needed to be changed to reflect the name change. and the name of the child project, which was then added as a merged project into the Master Project's TOC.

I have no idea how this was done to be honest.

I tried recreating the help system by changing the scrip and adding the new project name as a merged project in the Master Project's TOC and then generating the help system.

When I do this the generated help system seems to create the mergedProject folder and the two child project folders and puts a MasterXML.js file into the merged project folder. I have never seen this before to be honest and am not sure if it is new functionality with RH 10 or not.

This system was originally created using RH 7 and has always worked just fine until now.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Difficult to deal with this without knowing more but first try deleting the links in the parent TOC and recreating them.

If that doesn't help, could you send me both the old working version and the new one? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp