Images missing from headers/footers

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since starting to use RH2015, images included in header/footer master pages are missing from our printed documents. This worked fine in RH11.

I've tried creating a "clean" project so I can retest, but the images are still not pulling through.

Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour?

Thanks

Jonathan

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

369

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did hit this in the beta testing but I cannot recall the solution off the top of my head. I will check some emails.


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't seem to have the relevant emails but I think I have recalled the solution.

First try generating printed documentation from the Employee Care sample project. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If that generates OK as I think it will, it helps to confirm what I think is the solution. Go back to your project and create a new print layout, not a duplicate. Generate that and I think it will be OK.

Please post back either way. If it is not the solution, I will contact Adobe to find out what did fix it. If it is the solution, then I need to alert Adobe of that as it should not be necessary for everyone to create new print layouts.


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I've done as you suggested, but I still have the same issue. However, the Employee Care printed document was fine. I've also tried with a "clean" RH2015 project, but just the same there too.

Please let me know what Adobe suggest.

Thanks

Jonathan

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: A workaround for this issue is to output the document to a different location (outside of the project’s folder) and then reset it back to the original location. It then works fine.

Adobe have confirmed this behaviour and are looking to fix it in a future patch.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kicking myself hard. I found that solution during testing!!!

When you change the output folder to an external location, the document will generate OK. After generating there, you can revert to the location in the project until you make further changes to the content, then you have to change the folder again to an external location. Else just keep changing the external location.

The reason Employee Care worked is that you didn't make any changes.

I think the reason the new project didn't work was that the target was internal.

I had understood this was fixed in the final build but obviously not.

I'm sorry I couldn't recall this earlier.


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, thanks for clarifying Peter. I wasn't aware that the issue reappeared after further changes were made so that's good to know.

Hopefully Adobe will be able to push this fix out in a patch fairly soon.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation