• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Not Showing in Project Folder in RoboHelp

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in RoboHelp 2017 on Windows 10. The project I am working on is stored on a local drive (D:).

When I add images to a topic, I go to Insert > Image on the Ribbon then navigate to the project folder where the images were saved to and select the image.

I generate the output from the Microsoft HTML Help (Primary Output).

When I preview the topics, the image placeholder appears (black square with white x).

I've gone back to each topic (and there are several) to re-insert the image. I will periodically generate the output and make sure the images come over and they do when I view them from the Help | Index. I got through the last topic this morning and generated another output. Checked the topics at the beginning (which I fixed two days ago) and getting the broken images again.

I should mention, when I open the topic, the images are there. They do not appear in the project folder from within RoboHelp. I have to Insert > Image or dbl-click on the image and re-select the image.

Any suggestions or thoughts as to why the images are not "sticking" or showing in the project folder in RoboHelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on whether the images are not in topics before or after generate or both.

Also you are saying the images are first saved into the project folders and then inserted into topics. Before you insert they should not show in Project Manager but afterwards they should show in Project Manager. When do they show?

Are you also generating to the D Drive?

Have you tried deleting the CPD file and then reopening the project?

Do you have patch 2 applied?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted the cpd file and that seems to have worked.

FYI.....

The images were in the topics, in RoboHelp, before and after generating. Just not appearing in the chm file.

The output file is also saved to drive D:....just not the same folder as the project.

I have not applied any patches so will look into that.

Thank you for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp