Highlighted

ImageSize.Width error when checking-in to source control

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an ImageSize.Width error when checking in to source control. Although I can check in the files using source control, I want to be able to check in using RoboHelp.

Does anyone know how to correct this error?

Value of '272' is not valid for 'ImageSize.Width'. 'ImageSize.Width' should be between 1 and 256.

Parameter name: ImageSize

The answer is to go to the Windows display settings in the Control Panel and change DPI font to 96 (100%).

Silly as it sounds, that fixed the issue for me.

Topics

Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ImageSize.Width error when checking-in to source control

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an ImageSize.Width error when checking in to source control. Although I can check in the files using source control, I want to be able to check in using RoboHelp.

Does anyone know how to correct this error?

Value of '272' is not valid for 'ImageSize.Width'. 'ImageSize.Width' should be between 1 and 256.

Parameter name: ImageSize

The answer is to go to the Windows display settings in the Control Panel and change DPI font to 96 (100%).

Topics

Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea – you’ve looked around in the Source Control forum?

What flavour of SC are you using? Does this happen when you try to check in a new topic with an image in it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new topic in RH, I get the error without doing anything else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I can see the topic as pending Add in SC, but the topic is not added in RH.

Which is a bigger issue since I can not add new topics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a master page that has images on it? That may be the issue with the creation of new topics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The master page does not have an image. Only a java script to show/hide the TOC panel, and the Topic Contents.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s one list from Peter Grainge’s site about what not to have in SC –

• projectname.cpd

• projectname.pss

• projectname.hhp

• projectname.trl

• ehlpdhtm.js

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. None of those file are in SC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so this is weird. If I close RH, re-open it, and then create a new topic, the topic is created and checked-in to source control.

But when I make changes on the topic, and then check it in, I get the ImageSize.Width error.

So I close RH again, open it, and then check in, and check-in works!

I've done this a couple times, and check-in only works when you just opened RH and make no further changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We upgraded to RH 2015. That resolved the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not resolved for us. Issue persists in RH 2015 (Update 3). I will file a bug in Adobe BugBase.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked my best friend Google, and he only came up with one similar to mine:  TFS and RoboHelp 10 ImageSize.Width Error and "Cannot find file" when Adding New Topic - Stack Overf...

I am not sure about the flavor, but I am using VS Premium 2013 to access SC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny. Was looking for an answer to my issue and found this question.

Issue re-occuring using RH 2015 (12.0.0.306)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2015 you said in this thread that upgrading to RoboHelp 2015 had fixed

the problem.

Also you are running an unpatched version. I don't know that it will fix

the problem but it's worth a try.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember installing a patch. Do I have to install all these patches or will 2015.0.4 suffice?

Adobe RoboHelp 2015.0.4 - English, French, German, and Japanese

The Adobe® RoboHelp® 2015.0.4 update fixes critical bugs that were found in Adobe RoboHelp 2015 software.

The Adobe® RoboHelp® 2015.0.3 update fixes critical bugs that were found in Adobe RoboHelp 2015 software.Refer to the Readme file for a list of issues addressed in this version.

Adobe RoboHelp 2015.0.2 - English, French, German, and Japanese

The Adobe® RoboHelp® 2015.0.2 update fixes critical bugs that were found in Adobe RoboHelp 2015 software.Refer to the Readme file for a list of issues addressed in this version.

Adobe RoboHelp 2015.0.1 - English, French, German, and Japanese

The Adobe® RoboHelp® 2015.0.1 update fixes critical bugs that were found in Adobe RoboHelp 2015 software.Refer to the Readme file for a list of issues addressed in this version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only need to install Patch 4, it includes the others.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ChadPink LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed patch 4. (2015 12.0.4.460)

Unfortunately, still having the same issue. So, I changed the DPI to 100% as suggested by GnorbX​. And wonders! It fixed the issue.

However, due to my failing eyesight I have to switch back to 125% DPI. My eye sight is more precious to me than having this feature work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines