• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Word Doc Error - Rh 2020.3.0

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Rh Version 2020.3.0 (2020.3.32) and I have had success importing 5 different Word documents (.docx) files using File > Import > Word Document.  When importing my 6th .docx file, I encountered an error with the wording "Document read error; Canno read document.  Make sure that the document is closed." (see attachment).  I tried a different Word Document (my 7th file) and it imported correctly.

I ensured the word doc was closed.  still didn't import.

I renamed the word doc.  still didn't import.

I renamed the word docagain and saved it into a different location on my hard drive.  still didn't import.

I copied the text into a new document file, gave it a new name, saved, closed.  still didn't import.

I have tried it in 2 different Rh project files.  still didn't import in either one.

I rebooted Rh each time I took one of these steps.  I have rebooted my computer 3 times.  still didn't import.

Is there something within Word Documents (.docx) that can cause this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Two possibilities I can think of.

1. Although the document is closed as far as Word is concerned, it hasn't closed properly and Word would show as running in Task Manager. Check there. Maybe reboot the machine and try again.
  2. There is something in that document the import process doesn't like. If there is nothing looks suspicious, try creating two copies and delete different halves. Can you then import one half and not the other?

Let us know if that helps.

Please use the photo icon to insert

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possibilities I can think of.

1. Although the document is closed as far as Word is concerned, it hasn't closed properly and Word would show as running in Task Manager. Check there. Maybe reboot the machine and try again.
  2. There is something in that document the import process doesn't like. If there is nothing looks suspicious, try creating two copies and delete different halves. Can you then import one half and not the other?

Let us know if that helps.

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started fresh this morning with a newly rebooted machine, I didn't open Word, tried to import the file and it didn't work.

So I started breaking up the word document into sections.  This  allowed me to find the area that Rh did not like. This section has A LOT of formatting and a complicated table.  When I broke this section down into pieces and simplified it to just text and created the table from scratch, it worked.  I was able to import the pieces and copy/paste everything back together.

I now understand about the photo icon.  Sorry about that. 🙂

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp