• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Word Table Table Settings Greyed Out

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to map tables in an imported Word document to the table style I defined in my project. I understand that I can do this for all tables at once during the Import process. Specfics:

• Using the current RH (2020.03) and a new doc created using Office 365
  • In the new doc I added some text, an H1, and a table. I did not apply any formatting whatsoever. 
  • When I import the document I can access the General, Paragraph, Character, and Advanced tabs.
  • No matter what I try I can never get access to the Table tab

Note that the tables do come in just fine. If I apply styling to the tables, that comes also. If I set the style of a table to the table style in RH, that works too.

Any help would be appreciated. I know this feature worked in 2019 and an older version of Word, I just can get it going now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

I think you will find this is fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking in the table and then clicking one of the table breadcrumbs above your topic. 

I recommend you also change your forum name from your email address, unless you are want emails telling you that an unknown relative has left you millions that can be yours for an admin fee. ☺️

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can apply the style I want in RH, but that has to be done to each table individually. (And thanks for warning me about the forum user name)

The problem I am having is with the Word Import Settings dialog, where the "Table" option to map the document table styles to a RH help is never accessible.

2021-03-09_11-16-29.RoboHelp Import dialog.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See what I have said about that in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. I'll take a look in the morning. Not sure without looking on a RoboHelp machine. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is wrong here as having looked I thought it was working. I am liaising with the experts and will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using Libre Office to produce a file for import and got the same result, and RH can't use DOC (rather than DOCX), so I think I've gone as far as I can to eliminate MS Word as the source of the problem. Maybe there's something I've overlooked with Word, but as I said initially I started with a new, empty file and added just a table and some text.

My current project is small enough that applying my RH table style to each imported table is manageable. Hopefully this will be addressed and it will be possible to use RH on a larger project with MS Word tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find this is fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be great. Thank you for adddressing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 4 is now available via Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp