Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported images are too small

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when I link Framemaker documents that contain screenshots then the images generated in Robohelp are too small. I tried various import settings but without success so far. If I set the "size" setting to e.g. 150%, then the resulting images are larger, but totally pixled and unreadable. I also tried setting the size to 0pt as it has been suggested in some threads but to no avail.

It seems that Robohelp resizes the images based on their dpi values in Framemaker. Simply enlarging them in Framemaker improves the quality of the imported images but of course destroys the Framemaker-layout.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some threads I’ve seen get around this by having 2 sets of images in the FM source & then conditioning them so that one is intended for PDF output & the other for RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint, that might work out however I would have hoped that an easier solution exists (after all, Adobe calls this "FramerMaker integration"..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t hold your breath – there’s a lot of FM to RH weirdness out there. Half the problem is that the 2 products weren’t developed together in the first place, so making them play nice now is much tougher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just half, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One main problem in that RH treats all images the same, there is just one global setting not a setting in the mapping table that can be adjusted for each paragraph style.

All the images are referenced in FM, it would be so nice if RH could just keep the original image files (without converting) and then set a display size in the HTML attributes based on the paragraph style. This way you could use certain paragraph styles in FM for images that are full size, 2/3 size etc. and use the mapping table in RH to control the resulting image size.

Also inline images such as icons usually require different settings altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

if the theme is still a problem, please look at my conversation https://forums.adobe.com/message/8230155#8230155

I only use FM 2015 for WebHelp output, but before RH10 too and the treading should be similar. My problems proceed when crreating an HTML5 output and I have to research deeper now because customizing a WebHelp is more userfriendly than customize a Responsive HTML5 output. What I can say is: first and foremost become fit in CSS. And a good idea is becoming fit in Java and fit in XML. Otherwise you cannot do so much to customize the output settings deeper than the FM or RH tools allow.

Good luck.

JN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp