• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported MS Word List Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import an MS Word file with a bulleted list, the next topic begins inside a bulleted list and it should not. In addition text following a bulleted list is indented when it should not be. Following a bullet list with a table fixes the bullet problems. I remember reading an article about preventing bullet list problems using Word, probably on the excellent grainge.org, but I can't it again and I don't remember it addressing this simple case.

I'd say I've overlooked something but this is such a simple case I can't think what it might be. Any pointers or direction would be appreciated.

My notes below - thanks for looking.

Thanks,
Chris 

I tested this with a new blank Word document, and created a new RH project.

The Word document looked like this. with the "Topic" lines being Heading 1s.

2021-03-17_13-06-35 RH Word bullets.png

I import this document into a new, blank RH project (2020.3.32) specifying Start new topic from style, Word Style, Heading 1, and this produces the 4 topics I'd expect in this example.

Topic 1 looks like this, with insertion point before the text of the header, showes the correct HTML tag hierarchy, but text following the list (a paragraph containing just the letter "x") is idented incorrectly.

2021-03-17_13-10-17RH Topic 1.png

Topic 2 starts wrong as shown here with the insertion point before the text of the header. The H1 for the topic is inside an LI tag. Text following the list continues to be indented incorrectly.

2021-03-17_13-15-43 Topic 2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

I am not sure what is causing this but it looks like it is fixed in the update due soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Dant That looks like the new UI but 2019 or 2020, I can't tell and you haven't said.

Create a zip of the test project and the Word document. Then see my Contact Page for instructions on how to send it to me.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you read. Importing/Linking Word/Fm Docs (grainge.org)

There is a separate 2019 version there as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the page I couldn't find. Looking at it again I see mention of "Convert Word Lists to HTML Lists" which I am doing. I am doing nothing regarding styles; I just want the tag heirarchy to make sense at this point. I'll work on styles once I have a workable import. 

The RH version is 2020.3.32, which appears to be 2020.

I'll send you the zip of the test project and the Word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what is causing this but it looks like it is fixed in the update due soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp