• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing TOC from previous project

Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can help me. I ran into some problems with a robohelp project (yup, gambled and ran the project over a network and lost) but to make a long story short, I recovered an older back up of the project I had on my computer and then imported all the topics from the broken server version and I'm mostly back in business.

The one thing I don't have though is the more recent TOC and Index Files. I tried just copying and pasting the .hhc and .hhk files from the broken project folder to the recovered project folder but when I'm in Robohelp I still don't see these TOC options?

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Hi there

What version of RoboHelp are you using? If it's a fairly recent version, it should be pretty easy to get the TOC added. For example, in RoboHelp 11, you are able to right-click the TOC folder in the Project Manager and choose "New Table Of Contents". Then you could give it a name, click the ellipsis icon and point at one of the TOCs your copied over. That action would import the structure into a TOC the project would be aware of.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What version of RoboHelp are you using? If it's a fairly recent version, it should be pretty easy to get the TOC added. For example, in RoboHelp 11, you are able to right-click the TOC folder in the Project Manager and choose "New Table Of Contents". Then you could give it a name, click the ellipsis icon and point at one of the TOCs your copied over. That action would import the structure into a TOC the project would be aware of.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that was easy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the best ones, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just don't forget that when you create the output, you will need to choose the desired TOC in the recipe you are using!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you bet and yes, they are. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I "had to" move my project around a bunch of times, and also rename it (long story, mostly testing stuff), and my invaluable TOC doesn't appear when I reopen the project.

I truly think all is lost - envisioned rebuilding it, and re-adding ALL its condition tags for the nifty new Filtering option!

Lo and behold, I "go to the Forum" - and there is my answer ... and here is my fabulous TOC, swiftly back in my project.

This Forum is a lifesaver. Not that RH 2015 isn't wonderful, it's just there's so much to learn, and the Help just won't ever fully replace user knowledge!

I mean, who knew that feature existed?

Many thanks, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp