• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing word document to RoboHelp 2019 classic

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import a word document into a project created using RoboHelp 2019. I need to keep the exact formatting from the word document but upon import to RoboHelp, the images are placed slightly differently. The justification was also changed from justified to left indent. Is there any way to keep the format the same format as the original word file?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to say as you are converting the Word format to HTML so some differences are to be expected. The usual analogy is expecting to run a petrol car on diesel.

When you say the justification was changed, are you talking about the text and if so, all styles?

There is a full tutorial on my site about importing into Classic (it's no different in 2019 Classic). If that doesn't help, the first thing to try is importing the document into a new project so that it is not affected by anything already in your project.

If that doesn't help, can you share the Word document with me? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and email the document. I only need that and not the project.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was the way images and text were wrapped around each other. I created a table and put the first page or two into table cells and that seemed to work. A project showing this was sent to Kibret but I haven't heard back to confirm it worked for the whole document.

For anyone else with complex image and text layouts, tables are often the only solution if a Word document is to be imported.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter. That was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp